I got back from the gym and grocery shopping today to find that there were two men in my backyard. I talked to the company we'd contracted to do our deck a week or two ago and determined that it wasn't going to happen before the spring due to weather. We're having a good stretch of weather, so I figured they'd decided they could do it after all. When I saw one of the guys I said so you're almost done and said yeah, the deck had been power washed and the fence was stained. Our deck has already been powerwashed and nothing was supposed to be done to the fence. So I said, "You mean you stained the deck, right? You weren't supposed to do anything with the fence. " He looks at me weird and tells me to talk to the other guy. He's out there having stained 90% of the fence that we'd declined to have stained. After a few minutes of lots of confusion, I asked if they were with the company I'd hired to do this and he wasn't. Turns out, this guy is the one Damian had talked to like 3 months ago who never returned his calls and then he just shows up to do the job. We've had no contact from in for 3 months! I was just flabbergasted. He just shows up one day with no call, voicemail, nothing. Just lets himself in the backyard and stains our fence. I'm just annoyed because how could you think after 3 months of no contact, when we've had several patches of dry weather, you just show up? This is why you have one and only one family member deal with a maintenance issue at a single time because I couldn't even say for sure who'd called who and when. Plus, I thought D had called and told this guy we weren't going with him, but I guess he didn't have time.
I was all gung ho to go to the Asian grocery store and then take the dogs out, but this episode has left me exhausted and very cranky. I don't know why because it's not that bad. I guess I just don't like being surprised by these things. I was so confused.
On the upside, I did my grocery shopping at Whole Foods because I had some specific meat cuts and lots of vegetables to buy and I find their vegetable department to be the most comprehensive. They have excellent customer service. Always helpful and happy. It's like they take their happy pills.
No comments:
Post a Comment