Wednesday, May 17, 2006
So Very Scary
The article, "Mo. Town Denies Unmarried Couple Permit" on YME is so very scary. Basically, the town has an ordinance that prohibits more than three people from living together unless related by "blood, marriage, or adoption." This means an unmarried couple with more than one child could not live together. It doesn't say why the law is in effect. I started to go off on a rant about this because nothing gets me more fired up than when I feel someone is trying to impose their religion on me, but I stopped. I guess if I expect people to be tolerant of my lack of religious faith, I should be more tolerant of their religious faith. I would still point out that just because some people believe there is an issue with two unmarried people living together does not mean there is - it's what you believe. You have that right just as I have the right to believe otherwise.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
wait, so how do people have roommates? is the assumption that everyone can afford to buy their own house?
ReplyDelete