- It is accurate for me to say: "I could care less if people get the phrase 'I could care less' wrong." I really could care less because I care a great deal if you get that phrase wrong. It drives me crazy!
- It is accurate for me to say: "I couldn't care less if George W. Bush gets a very painful paper cut while signing one of his incredibly stupid Signing Statements." It's not possible for me to care less if he has a painful paper cut. I care as little as a human being possibly can about his paper cut.
Sunday, June 25, 2006
Falafel #1 - I could care less
When one says "I could care less," s/he is typically trying to say it doesn't matter, who cares, no skin off my back, this is so not important, etc, etc. However, the term isn't "could" it's "couldn't." How do people not realize this?! By saying, "I could care less," you're saying that it's entirely possible for you to care less, thus defeating the entire sentiment you're going for with the statement. Stop it! Examples:
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Tahini
ReplyDelete