Pages

Monday, August 07, 2006

3 in a row

Today has been quite productive thus far. We woke up and worked out this morning (three days in a row - we're on a roll!), then I came home and took both dogs for their 2-mile walk this morning. I plan to do a second walk this afternoon before dinner. I managed to do three days of 2-a-day walks last week, so I think that's a good goal. Doing 2 walks a day is too much to commit to doing everyday, so I shall not feel guilty when I only feel like doing one and rather just feel extra good when I do two.

The walk this morning was a bit frustrating because we encountered our inconsiderate big-dog owning neighbors about 1/4 into the walk. He was letting the thing run around off leash in an empty lot, so when the dog saw us, he charged us. I just stood there and T&E were quite calm until the dog got too close for Eddie's comfort and then Eddie got upset; fortunately, I am able to have complete control of him with our current walking set up, so while unpleasant and annoying, nothing bad happened. I did say to the guy that it was very inconvenient for him to always have his dog off leash and that my dog reacts the way he does because his dog is aggressively charging us. To which he said ... absolutely nothing. He didn't say a single word to me. He acted like I did not exist. Since when is it civil behavior to not speak to someone addressing you in calm tone? Maybe he had ear phones in that I didn't see. I think I'll choose to believe that. I guess I should focus more on all the other neighbors we encounter on our walks who are very nice and normal. You'd think we lived in a horrible neighborhood having two bad apples near us, but I think you just notice the bad neighbors more when you are surrounded by considerate, quiet, nice neighbors everywhere else.

Today's planned activities: try to get my iPod set up on my iMac, clean the garage more, go grocery shopping, work on importing D's photos into iPhoto. I'm grateful I have time to do all this stuff. Time is a wonderful luxury and I am glad I have experienced not having free time for long periods of time such that I truly enjoy and an thankful for free time now.

No comments:

Post a Comment