Pages

Wednesday, August 16, 2006

Interior Package

Tomorrow is our 4th wedding anniversary! We have reservations at Caprial's Bistro, which looked like an interesting place to me. We don't do fancy gifts for our anniversary, but do follow the traditional anniversary items. This year is linen/silk.

We have a call on Friday to pick out our Mexico house interior package and select which upgrades we'll be doing. At the moment, D and I do not agree on the interior package, so I think we'll have to discuss that some more. Let's see which one you all like better. Remember, this is for a Mexican house, so while you may not necessarily like the tiles all that much, it looks really weird when you have more American style things in the house. For example, we went into a few houses that had upgraded to granite counters and it looked very out of place. So while the practical side of me wants granite because it's easier to keep clean than tile, I'm not even considering going for granite because it looked so out of place. I won't tell you which package I prefer and which D prefers so as not to taint opinions either way.

Note: You can click/double-click on the pictures to make them bigger.

Amarillo


Terracota
Edit: if you view this slideshow on Flickr, you can see what an Amarillo kitchen looks like. I haven't found any Terracota pictures yet.

Finally, this was my 12th day in a row of working out! I'm going for 21 days straight since I once heard it takes 21 days to form a habit. Once I get to 21, I will then see if I can adjust to going only 5-6 days per week without completely falling off the wagon.

2 comments:

  1. Anonymous11:35 AM

    It's hard to tell based on these boards, to be honest. I am attracted to the yellow tile but on the other hand I do not know where it would go -- is this a massive expanse of counter top tile in bright yellow? Or is it an accent piece?

    Because of that, I would choose the second option, as it seems "safer." My personal attraction is to the first board, however, b/c I like the combination of red/blue/yellow, as well as I think the tiny accent tiles are more interesting in the first one.

    Sorry, not very helpful.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes, it is hard to envision. However, what I can say is that no, the yellow or terracota tile (depending upon the pacakage) does not go over the entire counter top - it's an accent piece.

    If you click on the newly added link in this post for the slideshow, that will show you what an Amarillo looks like in reality. However, I think the yellow on the walls can be toned down because many other Amarilla packages seem to have a more buttery yellow wall.

    ReplyDelete