I went into one of my favorite little shops here in Portland to see if they had a little sweater to go with a dress I have. I described what I was looking for and she said they didn't have any in stock, but I could order it to be custom made and pick out the color of the yarn - and it's ready in 1-3 weeks. How great is that? One local woman makes all those clothes in her shop on her loom. It's pricey stuff, but totally worth it because it keeps me cozy warm in the winters.
While in there, I asked if she knew what happened to another shop nearby that I liked. She didn't, but got out a map of local stores. Then, when we couldn't locate the shop on the map, she called them up for me and got their address. Talk about helpful!
No comments:
Post a Comment