Pages

Wednesday, August 16, 2006

Pictures to help with visualization...

OK, here are some pictures to help you visualize on the interior packages:

Granite counter with assumed Terracota package

Terracota package with white appliances


Amarillo kitchen with black appliances

What I find odd about the above pictures is that the wood for the Amarillo appears to be much lighter, but in the samples it appears darker than that for the Terracota.

Appliances: I originally told D we were definitely going with white because I absolutely hate black appliances (apologies for the bluntness for those who have black appliances). However, as I'm looking at these pictures, perhaps we should go with black. Clearly, stainless steel is the best aesthetic option, but I can't see spending the amount of money we'd be required to in order to upgrade to stainless.

So, anyone who is interested, please provide feedback on the packages (Amarillo vs. Terracota ... btw, there is a third one, but both D and I dislike it, so we're not even considering it), as well as on appliances. Do you think stainless steel is worth it? Does it make a big enough difference? What do you think of the granite option? I so regret that we didn't just bite the bullet and put granite in our guest bathroom as well because, while I like the look of tile, it just doesn't clean as well and starts to look dingy with the grout much quicker than any other type of counter. One other thing worth noting is that none of these pictures reflects the shape of our kitchen. Here's our kitchen layout:

3 comments:

  1. Anonymous2:16 PM

    I vote Amarillo - but the margin is slim. They're both nice.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anonymous4:06 PM

    I really like the Amarillo. While the Terracotta is nice, I think all that white is too much of a contrast with colorful walls, wood tones... Especially since your kitchen opens into the living room... Well, I say especially, but then I have no idea what kind of furniture you'd have in your living room, lol. FWIW, the furnishings I'd likely have would harmonize better with the blue tiles than the white ones (leather couches, warm colors, etc.)

    I love granite, but for aesthetic reasons would go with the tile. I wouldn't worry about dingy grout - you can go with a darker color grout, or even if they get dingy, with a Mexican style home, it's kind of nice that everything isn't pristine perfect/sparkling, IMHO.

    For the appliances, we always go stainless for resale value (plus I like the look). That said, we have black appliances in our temporary digs, and I actually like them quite a bit. They're much easier to clean/keep clean than the stainless, and they blend into the background more than stainless. No "hello, look at me, I'm a giant stainless steel fridge" thing going on when you walk into the kitchen.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Anonymous4:20 PM

    Ahh, on closer inspection, I see that the backsplash tiles on the terracotta is yellow, not white as I first thought. I still vote Amarillo, but it's a closer call now :)

    ReplyDelete