(Way too many posts today because D won't get home until 8:30 ish so am trying to avoid boredom.) When lunch rolled around today, I realized I had no left overs left from the beginning of the week, so I had to improvise. I've been trying to eat a bit healthier in general, so I decided to combine some ingredients to come up with healthier tuna fish. Jackpot! Well, jackpot for me. It was quite tasty to me. I combined .5 cup of cooked quinoa, 1 apple, 1 can of tuna, and a small amount of applesauce (for moisture) together. I am was so pleased with it. Gives me carbs and protein without the fat of mayo (note: quinoa does have fat it in, but I think it's the good fat). I never really liked mayo all that much, so it was an easy switch. Next time I plan to add some hard boiled egg whites.
Delightfully, my US Magazine has arrived. That should kill 30 more minutes while I wait for D. And I suppose it's only considerate that I actually shower today.
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
ReplyDeleteThat sounds yummy - I'll have to try it!
ReplyDeleteI get US, too. I love getting it every week - it's such fun reading. My friends laugh at me because I get the crappiest (non-intellectual) magazines like Allure, US Weekly, OK!, Glamour, etc. Brain-goo magazines are my not-so-closet indulgence, like Vienna Sausages,lol.
did you know that items with less than 2 grams of trans fat can be advertised as having no fat?
ReplyDelete