Pages

Monday, August 21, 2006

Risk

Today, I decided to take a risk: I walked both dogs on just their nylon collars with no pinch collars on as a backup (not really a risk with Turtle, I guess). It went wonderfully...and we even encountered two deer. They were right across the street from us on the busy road portion of the walk. Eddie got excited - I made the noise - he sat down immediately and just watched them. Turtle sat and watched them eagerly until she finally couldn't hold it in anymore and let out two loud barks - I told her no - she sat back down. The deer weren't moving, so I wasn't sure what we were going to do because walking by them would be challenging. Fortunately, a truck came around the corner and when he saw us, he revved his engine when he went by the deer to scare them down into the wooded area. Gave me a nod and I nodded back mouthed, "Thank you." I cannot express what a different dog Eddie is since I first made the noise a few days ago. He is the same in the house (but he was always pretty perfect in the house), but on the walks, he and I are having a serious love affair. I tell him to sit and he does so immediately and then just stares up at me and smiles. He doesn't even look at the cars and the bees and the barking dogs. Amazing. It's like having a totally normal dog. Turtle is clueless about everything. She just keeps trotting along as usual.

My workout run continues - 17 today. The only issue is that I'm getting sick of my music, but I don't generally like music much, so it's hard for me to find new stuff that I like to listen to while working out. I did watch some videos on my iPod (not music videos, but news-related stuff and some free promo stuff with Zach Braff) while working out yesterday. I thought maybe I would slow down when watching, but I actually sped up. The problem with the TV shows available for downloading is that I've either seen them or I have no interest in it. I thought about buying last season of Project Runway even though I know who the winner was, but I wasn't sure if I would enjoy it much since it seems seeing the designs is part of the fun of the show and trying to focus on a tiny screen while bouncing up and down would be difficult.

Time to come up with meals for the week so I can get showered and get to the grocery store.

No comments:

Post a Comment