We just returned from seeing The Descent. As horror movies go, it was very well done. Unfortuately, I really do not enjoy sitting through horror movies. I'm on edge the whole time. I don't like being constantly surprised. However, this movie did keep moving and had good character development before moving into the horror portion.
Worked out both days this weekend - yahoo! Tomorrow is when I see if I can add weights. Who knows if I'll actually do it. I always seem to find some way to talk myself out of that part.
My hubby wrote an article published in the online CIO magazine, which I just read here. I think he's home all week, so I'm going to have to think of some menus for this week. That's my least favorite part of cooking. I'd be much more apt to cook everyday is someone said "here's what you're making" and I just had to cook it.
Speaking of cooking, we watched Ramsey's Kitchen Nightmares on BBC America today. That show really helped me gained back respect I'd lost for Gordon Ramsey while watching Hell's Kitchen. Basically, they send him in to help a failing restaurant pull their act together. He mentors and helps redo the menu into managable items that can be cooked from fresh and get the staff working together, etc. Make one appreciate how difficult running a restaurant really is.
M--We saw The Descent on Saturday. I agree--generally a good movie. I actually thought the part where they were just lost/stuck in the cave was a lot scarier than when the blood sucking critters arrived. We were hoping the adrenaline would put me into labor, but no such luck. Do you think she was hallucinating at the end, or do you think Juno was real?
ReplyDeleteI agree with everything you said. While I would get startled by the creatures, I felt more scared NOT seeing them and not knowing what was going to happen. I actually think they could have made a decent movie without the horror aspect of it. I think Juno was a hallucination based on the other hallucinations Sara had been having. Plus, how could Juno possibly have made it out alive and beaten Sara to the truck?
ReplyDeleteThat baby must really like her womb! Hopefully she'll decide to make her entrance soon.