Gym cardio workouts are going nicely. I have been at level 11 for a while, but it's still kind of hard for me sometimes, so I am sticking there for a while. I always do 35 minutes: a 30-minute workout and a 5-minute cool down. Since I've started this workout routine, I've done a total of 85.7 miles on the elliptical machine (91.0 total machine miles when you add in miles done on treadmill and Stairmaster) and have burned 8869 calories in a total of 25 workouts. Plus, I would estimate I burn about 150 calories on each dog walk (estimated using FitDay). I haven't gotten on the scale since I first started working out, so I have no idea if I've lost weight. I think I will stay off the scale for another month before checking on that one. It doesn't feel like I've lost any weight, but things have shifted a bit, so that's good.
I'm going to set a goal of working out 90% of the time from 8/5 - 9/21. Then, when we get back from C&D's wedding, I'll set another goal for before our Vegas trip. I think with working out, having smaller goals works better for me, unlike my overall goal for dog walking. I'm also backdating my goal starting at 8/5 because having momentum helps me mentally. I'm not going to set a formal weight training goal for this chunk of time, but I would like get started doing it more regularly so the groundwork is there for my next goal chunk.
No comments:
Post a Comment