Get ready for some whining. I was all excited to go to sleep last night because I bought new sheets last week and I wanted to see how soft and cozy they'd be. Verdict: it was like sleeping in between two sheets of sandpaper. I then realized my error: I didn't look at the thread count - I only looked at the words Egyptian Cotton and thought "perfect!" The thread count is only 275, which is clearly not good enough for me. I just kept thinking at least my skin is getting exfoliated. I'm done buying cheap sheets. I bought these at Target because I've gotten some very good sheets there before, but no more will I go for what is on clearance simply because it is on clearance. There should be some sort of law that requires stores to wash sheets and put the washed sheets out on display so you can feel them after they've been washed. My other problem with the sheets (because one gripe is never enough for me) was that the fitted sheet is made for those mattresses that have a huge pillow top on them and isn't labeled as such. So our mattress looks like a skinny woman wearing gigantic granny panties. Nothing is worse than sleeping in a bed with a sheet that is way too loose and feels like sandpaper. Except maybe not having a bed, or a home, or food to eat. OK, a lot of things are worse, but I'm still pissed I bought the sheets.
Not sure if it was the horrible sheets, but I slept horribly last night. My waking up at night had subsided to 2-3 times per night, but it jumped back up to at least 5-6 times last night and the previous two nights. I had Diet Cokes the previous two nights, so I could explain those away, however, I don't know why it continued last night. I went to sleep at 10:30 last night because I was so tired and had no caffeine except for my morning tea. D didn't sleep well, either, and we ended up not going to the gym this morning. Don't fear though, I'm off to the gym shortly. If I could just stop binging on sugary treats after dinner in the evenings, I think I'd be making great progress. Instead, I have to settle for maintaining the status quo.
No comments:
Post a Comment