Pages

Wednesday, November 01, 2006

Non-Participator

Quite of few of the blogs are I read are participating in NaBloPoMo (National Blog Posting Month) where you do a post everyday in November. I thought, hey!, I can do that because I do that anyway. What a nice way to make me feel like I've accomplished something without putting in any effort ... kind of like the feeling I get when I start watching things on TiVo - it's like when I've watched a program, then I delete it and I feel like I'm Cleaning Up The TiVo rather than just watching tv. Anyway, then I realized that I will be at spa weekend and I am most definitely not going to bring my laptop or attempt to find a computer from which to post, so that's out the window.

I was quite proud of myself this morning because after I put the dry cleaning out to be picked up and then fed the dogs, I shoved all the left over Halloween candy into a bag and hung it on the door for D to take to work. I even put in the 5 Kit Kats I'd stowed away in my desk drawer for future munching. At one point while handing out candy last night, I kind of paused when I realized I was putting 2-3 Kit Kats (my favorite of the candy I was giving out) into this one kid's bucket. My hand was already out there, so I knew I couldn't take it back, but inside I'm thinking, "I'm giving away all the Kit Kats!" and I felt quite alarmed by this. I'm pitiful.

Shortly, I shall walk the dogs. Yesterday's walk was a bit of an adventure when I wore my sunglasses instead of the baseball cap I usually wear. We reached to the trail portion of the walk and I took off the sunglasses and looped them through my zipper on my coat. The dogs and I walked home where I realized that I never put them back on and they're no longer hanging from my coat. Quickly, I shoved the dogs in the house and literally ran back to the trail. I back-tracked and thankfully found them about half way along the trail. This is the problem with expensive sunglasses: sheer panic when you lose them.

I just read this article about a man cleared after being falsely convicted of rape 25 years ago. I don't understand why they don't automatically allow DNA testing when a prisoner requests it. There shouldn't need to be trial or a decision to allow it by a judge. If you have hard evidence that can prove you did not commit a crime, you should have every right to have that evidence fully processed. In the case of DNA testing conducted after a conviction, they could pass a law requiring the prisoner to pay for all costs involved in DNA testing if it comes back as a match. The prisoner knows whether he/she is guilty, so it seems that forcing him/her to pay if it's a match would deter those who are guilty from demanding it and allow those who are innocently in prison to be exonerated and released as soon as possible.

No comments:

Post a Comment