I didn't really get any good pictures in Seattle. I did like this penguin statue outside of a store and here's a shot of the Space Needle from our hotel room.
The dogs were very happy to see me when I picked them up from boarding, but also clearly very tired. The moment they got in the car, they collapsed into a heap in the back and didn't make a peep until we got home. And, as if to show how exhausted he was, Eddie didn't even bother to go downstairs to sleep, but rather fell asleep with his head on Turtle's bed on the main floor. I have never seen him lay near her bed.
This is why I loathe Republican politicians: they always seem to think the perks only apply to them, but the hardships only apply to others. First this Representative complains about Congress having to work 5 day weeks (I personally wouldn't mind if they continued to only work 4 day weeks with longer hours on those days since I am sensitive the plight of traveling folks), but then he has the nerve to say that people on minimum wage should work longer and marry? What the hell? So if you choose to be single you don't deserve a living wage? Or if you are earning minimum wage, the answer is to work over 40 hours a week just to reach the poverty line so your personal life can fall apart under the stress of the hours worked? Argh! It's so frustrating because I don't necessarily think that raising the minimum wage is the way to fix poverty, however, one can't really have a serious discussion about this when morons like this don't even realize how hard those on minimum wage really are working!
We signed up for the dining mileage program because I'm just 800 miles short of a free ticket on United. There is only one restaurant on the list that we frequent, but it happens to be our favorite Mexican place. I earn 87 miles each time I eat there and if I dine there 10 times or more (with a $25 or greater bill) through March, then I get a 5,000 mile bonus (or maybe a total of 5,000 miles). Once I use these miles on United, I'm done with them, again. I couldn't help but laugh when I read about the poor guy from Vermont who got stung by a scorpion twice on a United flight. That about sums up what it's like to fly on United. What is shocking is after you've flown another airline where they treat you like a human and then have to take United again. It's just jolting. But I digress.
Tomorrow, I will take down the Christmas tree. D is afraid we're going to become that couple who leaves their tree up year round. I don't think January 12th is that bad! Some people still have up their outside lights.
No comments:
Post a Comment