Pages

Saturday, February 24, 2007

Funky Socks

I'm back from Whole Foods and A Piece of Cake with all the various items needed to tomorrow's Oscar party. Now, if only I could get up the motivation to actually, you know, get ready for the party. Tonight I must make the cheesecake and the vegetarian chili and come up with a game plan for when what needs to be started tomorrow so that I can enjoy the evening and actually catch some of the show.

We saw Breach last night. I enjoyed it quite a bit; D liked it, but didn't think it was as stellar as Roeper claimed it to be. Chris Cooper was, as usual, dead-on in his roled, playing it with a perfect tone. Ryan Phillippe was good, but not Oscar material, though D thought he was not good. Laura Linney was also very good in her smaller role.

Oh, more stunning news: D walked the dogs today! And not a wussy walk. He walked them further than I typically walk them plus did the trail with them. I convinced him that he could just do that instead of working out since it's a good workout hiking up that hill and then I wouldn't have to try taking them when I got back from shopping. Anyhoo, yahoo!

Finally, I received a Funky Sock Exchange letter from a friend back in Colorado (hello BM, if you're reading this!). You send a pair of socks to the person at the top, then send the letter to one person and get 36 pairs of socks back for the price of one. I don't think I quite get the math on this whole thing, but I do like a good pair of socks, so I'll go get some on Monday to send. What I want to do is send a pair of my absolute favorite socks, Portland Running Company socks, but those are not funky. I think I will send a funky pair and then throw one of those in for good measure. I shutter to think that there are people in the world who have not had the chance to experience these socks. Though, I did give Vic and Mike some and they pointed out that they do make your feet hot sometimes. I never noticed, I guess because I almost always wear them with slippers. See how I'm procrastinating? Guess who doesn't want to make the chili?

No comments:

Post a Comment