Pages

Monday, September 10, 2007

Wyoming

It's felt like the last couple of vacations for D and I have been marathons of sorts. First we were all over the place in Europe and now this vacation had us flying to Denver to drive to Wyoming to drive back to Denver fly to Portland then fly to Mexico and back. Nonetheless, we both had an excellent time on this vacation.

For this post, a recap of events in Wyoming. I failed to take many pictures, which makes me annoyed with myself. I was just so busy relaxing and having fun - it seemed a shame to spend time documenting it.

First Annual Moody Family & Friends Reunion - Curt Gowdy State Park, Wyoming

Before Arrival ...
Friday evening, we landed in Denver where Vic & Mike picked us up at the airport. There was no discussion whatsoever about where we'd be eating that night. We just drove up to Sushi Den and put in for a table. Saturday morning, we packed up the car and headed up to Cheyenne. V&M's dog Daisy joined us on our trip. She gets car sick easily, but does much better if she can lay on someone's lap. Loading her in the back apparently results in vomit everywhere. Ew. We drove up to my mom's house to get her, then headed to Wyoming.

The Games: Musical Chairs ...
Sounds lame? You ... are ... sooooo ... wrong!!! Who knew it could be so fun? It doesn't hurt that I was completely willing to play all-out musical chairs and shove people willy nilly to get a chair. I came in about 4th or 5th in my first game. The next day we played another round when I made it to 2nd only to discover the flaw in my brilliant plan of musical chair domination: Carl, the elderly neighbor of my brother. I think my mother and father, and probably D, were seriously worried I would just sweep his cane and the triumphantly claim my crown. My SIL had control over the music starting and stopping and wisely stopped the game at a point where I couldn't execute said cane sweeping plan and thus had to take second. It's OK though, because I still got a prize.

The Games: Simon Says ...
I played one game and only one game. I won. I rule.

The Games: Scrabble ...
We were supposed to have a Scrabble tournament organized by yours truly, but when I went to gather people up, they were all playing Wizard. Vic, Mike, D & I did manage to squeeze in several games throughout the weekend, so that was good.

The Food and Service ...
I could get used to being waited on hand and foot. My brother and SIL literally did everything, so we basically just showed up and ate and vegged. Perfect! We all had an excellent time and hope this becomes an annual tradition!

The Family ...
We had people there from both my family and from my SIL's family. Everyone was easy going and easy to hang out with, so things were just great. My aunt and uncle from DC even drove out for the festivities!

The Dogs...
No mention of a reunion with our family would be complete without mentioning the dogs. I really wish we'd been able to bring Turtle and Eddie because they would have loved it. The dogs even got matching bandannas with the same design printed on our t-shirts for pictures. I have learned that I truly like a particular breed of small dogs: rat terriers. There were two there and they were just adorable.


Anyway, a big thanks to Collin & Denise for all of their hard work and generosity. We had a blast!

No comments:

Post a Comment