Pages

Wednesday, December 31, 2008

D-Day

It's D-Day people! That's right. I'm declaring this day officially delurking day here on Casa de TiVo. So if you read this blog, but have never commented, I invite you to delurk yourself. You don't have to sign up for an account to comment since I have anonymous comments enabled, but please leave your name if you're up for it. Come on! Everything is more fun when you participate.

I also would like non-lurkers (aka oft comment-posters) to post a comment.

To make it easier to know what to say (and to entertain me more whilst I check my email constantly down here), let's go with the theme of what you like most about me. Ha! Just kidding. How about we identify what household appliance you would choose if you had to live in a hut in the middle of nowhere and could only have a single modern day appliance. You can get electricity and/or water or whatever is needed to make the appliance work, but it's only ONE appliance. I shall post the first comment with my choice.

This d-day exercise serves a few purposes:
  1. It will hopefully yield more comments than the average post and I like comments
  2. I am in desperate need of some outside communication with the world and my FB friends are simply not updating their statuses with enough frequency to fill this void. So I ask you lurkers and regular posters out there to help me out with this.
  3. It is something to talk about other than Avery's nap schedule, dog walks, and me cleaning things. I think this is something we can all get behind, right?

Onward!

Edited to add: If you are reading this post many days/weeks after it was posted, please still comment!

13 comments:

  1. I'm torn between a refrigerator or a laptop, but in the end, I'm going with the laptop. I figure that way, since I'm in the middle of nowhere, I can look up how to survive on the Internet. I won't have a place to store food, but maybe I can MacGyver up some sort of solution for survival.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Megan--Okay, I admit it... I'm a lurker (originally hopped over from Christie's blog ages ago because I, too, have an Avery)! I always feel silly commenting when the blog owner has no idea who I am. But I swear I'm not a stalker. :) I've been living vicariously through your Mexico trip--warm weather sounds sooooo nice right about now!

    And there's no doubt I'd have to go with my laptop. With internet access comes endless entertainment. Enjoy the rest of your trip and that cute girl of yours!

    ReplyDelete
  3. It would have to be the computer--how could I survive without the internet?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi, Amber - I started reading your blog for the same reason! It's always tough for me to comment on a blog when I don't know the blogger IRL, but I figure I'm always happy when people comment, so I've vowed to comment more often in that situation.

    Heather & Amber - I should have known people who read blogs would likely choose their laptop/computer. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Anonymous2:18 PM

    Okay, the idea of the computer as being a choice never came to my mind-household appliance to me meant something in the kitchen(and my computer is not in the kitchen)-so my choice was going to be the refrigerator-guess I would rather eat than be on the computer--although I don't know what I would do without the computer. However, my TV is in the kitchen and yesterday the Direct TV went out-my heart just about stopped.(An hour on the phone with the TV people and it was back on). So, I might have to change my answer to the TV. No--I will stick to the frig. MOM

    ReplyDelete
  6. Anonymous2:46 PM

    Hey, Megan--you already know I'm a faithful fan! For cooking, hands down it's my electric frypan--pretty much every meal starts with one--not just steaks and chops, but pot roasts, stews, pilafs, braised veggies, french toast, etc. Love you--wish I were there! KM

    ReplyDelete
  7. definitely the laptop!

    ReplyDelete
  8. man, I'm late to the party. laptop for sure.

    ReplyDelete
  9. ONE? How out 5? (See, that way I can negotiate to more than 1 but obviously less than 5.) No? Fine, lemme think. I'm completely addicted to tv and internet and food. Can I invent a new appliance that allows me to do all 3? HEY, aren't there refrigerators with tv's in the door??? I would bring one of those. With a laptop inside.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Anonymous12:01 PM

    I first thought about my beloved stove....it came with me from South Dakota...but after some thought I am going with my dishwasher..since that means water and electricity and I have heard people actually steam fish in their dishwasher...D in Cheyenne

    ReplyDelete
  11. Anonymous12:29 PM

    Megan, I think you cheated. I am not sure that a laptop qualifies as an appliance. An appliance should have a specific purpose, a function separate from pure recreation. I am pretty sure that laptops are categorized as electronics.
    So from the REAL appliances I am going to go with refrigerator, although being in the middle of nowhere I am not convinced that it will be THAT useful...but it has the added benefit of being able to function as a makeshift air conditioner and if I happen to have some extra food that I hunted and gathered that day, I suppose a fridge would be nice for storage.
    Emily

    ReplyDelete
  12. Anonymous8:42 PM

    I guess I would go with the Kitchen Aid mixer (with all my attachments). Not sure how much good it would do but I would have a chance at bread making and fresh juice.
    I could of course make some amazing mud with sand and water which could entertain too.

    Sara (Noodle)

    ReplyDelete