Pages

Thursday, January 01, 2009

2009

Happy New Year! I greeted the new year by sleeping until 11 ish. This was not a constant sleep - I woke up to put Avery down for her morning nap and proceeded to take it with her - but it was lovely. I almost always fall asleep for naps with a smile on my face. Ahhhh, the lovely, lovely nap!

Last night, we were priviledged enough to see all three planets: Venus, Mercury, and Jupiter. I'd read about this online, so we thought to look up at the sky right after sunset and there they all were. What I thought was a satellite the other night I now believe to be Venus. One of our neighbors down here is into astronomy, so I'll have to check with him next time we're all down here at the same time. It was beautiful. The night sky here, with the jagged mountains on one side and the sea on the other, is just stunning. I look forward to visiting in the warmer months when it's so warm at night and I can just sit on the terrace and look at the sky.

Avery and I headed down to the beach early this afternoon to see if she'd be more into it if she were wearing pants. I figured maybe the sand hurt her knees or something. She loves being there as evidenced by her refusal to get back in the stroller, but she won't crawl. It seems that watching the waves mesmorizes her, as do the birds. Plus we saw three big dogs on the other end of the beach and she loved watching them play in the small waves. I even got my feet dirty! I've actually gotten much better. I still need to wash them at the first moment available, but I can walk in the sand and not freak out. This is a major improvement.

We walked along the golf course yesterday afternoon. I'd actually not been in that area despite it being very close to all the construction. The golf course looks really, really good. I cannot believe the difference from the first time we saw it from afar. There's also a little inlet there where the pelicans dive into to get fish. It's not teeming with them like Coronado Island is, but they are not infrequent. Who knows what this community will turn out like, but it has so much potential. Hopefully it'll be able to ride out this slump in the ecomony.

Tomorrow. Tomorrow morning will be the sunrise morning. Really.

1 comment: