Pages

Tuesday, March 24, 2009

Rough

It was a rough day, starting with a mad rush to get the house cleaned up for a showing this afternoon.  Then I realized I had three dogs and only two crates.  I decided that Turtle and Conan would be fine if I put them both in her crate, which is really big.  Avery woke up cranky despite going to sleep easily and sleeping very soundly all night.  I didn't hear a peep from her until 7 AM - usually she will make noises turning over or whatever she is doing.  Anyway, she woke up cranky with a capital C. Between her whining and Conan's, I was about to flip out as I ran around the house trying to get the clutter out of the way. 

Things got better after we left the house.  We met Christie & Henry for brunch at Fat Alberts down in their neck of the woods.  I, of course, had French toast.  Avery enjoyed a fruit plate, some cheese, and a cracker.  Following brunch, we strolled down to Haggis McBaggis so I could get Avery a pair of shoes.  Henry and Avery had a blast playing on the slide in the store.  They would queue up behind each other taking turns going head first down the slide.  We have much video of this between Christie and me, so expect someone to post a clip at some point.

Partly due to Avery's crankiness (well, her crankiness when Henry wasn't around) and partly due to something going on with my right arm, I just did not have it in me today.  I was a pretty pathetic SAHM.  Avery asked me to read her books about 10 times and I could only find it in me oblige maybe 1/3 of the time.  This did, however, force Avery to find other things to do, so she practiced her standing up and walking.  By the time D came home, she was walking laps around the house.  She can now stand from a seated position or from her knees and is moving at a pretty good clip, if not an overly sturdy one.  She's also quite keen to demonstrate her new ability.  I can say, "Can you show Mommy your walking?" and she'll stop whatever she's doing and start walking around.  Very cute.  Again, I've got video, but no motivation to edit it right now.

… … … … … … … … … … … … … … … … … … … … … … … … … … … … … … … …

So, yeah, my right arm is just killing me.  It started as an ache in my forearm, at which point I discovered my right forearm is significantly bigger than my left.  This isn't too surprising since I carry Avery on my right side all the time.  Now it's my entire arm.  It feels like I injured it, but I didn't fall and don't remember doing anything strenuous. 

… … … … … … … … … … … … … … … … … … … … … … … … … … … … … … … …

You can ask a question of President Obama for his webcast on Thursday at whitehouse.gov.  I love his use of technology to reach out to the masses.

… … … … … … … … … … … … … … … … … … … … … … … … … … … … … … … …

My mom sent me to read this article on Newsweek's site: Extreme Motherhood.  I shan't rant about the Christian extremists in this country, but if anyone wonders, I personally find them as scary as the Muslim extremists.

… … … … … … … … … … … … … … … … … … … … … … … … … … … … … … … …

And on that note, I will sign off. 

1 comment:

  1. This could be completely unrelated, but when each of my kids got to about a year old, I would get terrible pains in my right arm. With Avery I got carpal tunnel in my wrist so bad I could barely drive and with the other two I had pains all up and down my arm. I totally blame it on the lugging around of child-weight! And like you said on FB, it could be excessive use of the mouse. :) Either way, I hope it's better soon. Nothing like an injury to disrupt your mojo!

    ReplyDelete