Pages

Friday, May 29, 2009

Still Loving Loreto Bay

Pool
We went to the new community pool as a family this morning.  I wore my new swimsuit (bought at the hotel gift shop) and my sun protection rash guard for a top.  I LOVE my rash guard.  Why I didn't think of wearing this instead of a swim suit earlier, I do not know.  I'm going to buy some shorts to go with it and that will be my bathing suit from now on.  Not stylish, but definitely functional and healthy.

The pool is beautiful.  And the best part: we were the only ones there.  I love it here!  Yes, they were jackhammering this morning, but I think I prefer the occassional jack hammering to throngs of people. 

Avery had a good time swimming with D while I floated around in a tube left at the pool by someone else - after all, who's going to take it? 

Right now, Avery is upstairs napping. D is in town shopping for some essentials and non-essentials (art and decor for the casa).  I thought about napping, but decided to use Avery's nap time to sneak in a bit of computer time.

Conveniences
We bought a few things yesterday that have made life here so much easier: a trash can for the kitchen, a bin for recylables, a little chair for Avery.  The chair enables Avery to sit at our coffee table and eat.  She does well sitting at the dining room table, but I have been boosting her up with a package of diapers, so I feel the need to be somewhat more vigilant than I normally would. 

I am finding myself saving things that I wouldn't back home.  I saved two jars and two milk jugs.  It seems I find myself having to be creative to make things work.  It's rather fun. 

One thing I've asked D to look for while in town is a laundry line stand (not sure of what those are called) that we can put in our courtyard to dry clothes.  It feels absurd to use the dryer when it would take so little time for things to dry were they hung outside to be dried.  We're not allowed to have lines up on the deck or the viewing tower (fair enough since we have an open air courtyard that will work fine). 

We've also got our system down for making sure we have fresh water available for washing of fruits and vegetables.  The water is still flagging high for bacteria, apparently, so we do the usual boiling thing.  It's so much easier now that we don't have bottles to deal with.
 
Beach
Last night we went for a spontaneous walk on the beach right before dark set in.  In fact, we walked home in the dark.  Avery had a good time splashing in the water (yes, it's just that warm at 9:00 at night!) and playing with the little sea shells and things.  I think we'll head down there again tonight, but a little bit earlier this time.  It's way too hot to go during the midday hours (at least for a wuss like me), but the mornings and evenings are awesome. 

I've become used to getting my feet dirty, though it's still a mad rush to get back to the house so I can wash them off.  Baby steps, people, baby steps.

Online shopping
At the moment, I'm looking for surf shorts (for sun protection) online.  I'm also perusing Etsy to see if I can find any throw pillows that look Mexican and that I like.  This is not an easy thing for me since I don't naturally gravitate towards Mexican decor.  That said, neither D nor I want this place to look like Pottery Barn.
 

2 comments:

  1. Sounds like you are having an awesome time. Good luck with your shopping. I LOVE Etsy!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Are you doing any fishing or just eating them?

    ReplyDelete