Pages

Tuesday, June 02, 2009

Pee!

This will, hopefully, be a quick post since I want to head up to bed soon.

Pee!
Avery might be ready for potty training since she will tell us before she has to go pee now. She won't pee on the potty when we put her on the toilet, but I figure it's a good sign when she lets us know she has to pee. Since she doesn't like putting her diaper on and we're in a house with tile floors, she runs around diaperless quite a bit. After she pees on the floor, she yells, "Pee! Pee!" and then usually slips in it. I know, TMI, but urine is sterile so get over it. Anyway, it means I'm cleaning up a fair bit of urine, but I have to clean the floors here so much anyway, what's a little urine gonna do? Answer: just make that part of the floor that much cleaner after I clean up the urine.

She'll also let us know she's going to poo (by doing the change sign in advance of said poo), but for that, she allows us to put on a diaper. We've yet to see a poo in a diaperless state. I'd like to keep it that way.

I actually ordered a potty for her before we left, so hopefully that will arrive soon after we arrive. Of course, now that I've blogged this, she'll clearly be so not ready for it.

Art & Home
D purchased a really nice piece of art for the living room today. Our little casa is starting to look like a real home. I'll post pictures tomorrow if I get around to it. Much laying around doing nothing must occur tomorrow in order to meet my sloth goals for this trip.
Pool
We spent a good bit of time this morning at the pool. Again, we were the only people there. Avery couldn't get enough of the water. Any trying to get her out would result in pleas of "more, more, more!"

She now knows what jump means, though she can't actually jump. However, D would be in the pool, Avery would stand on the side and squat as if she were about to jump in, then eventually she would make it into the water. She's fine when she gets dunked under, but does not like to float on her back. She also has zero trust in any sort of floaty device.

I am now wearing a pair of black, stretchy capri/shorts as bottoms and my rash guard as a top. I love being nearly fully covered. First, it's much cooler that way. I can walk around in the extreme heat after getting wet and don't get hot. That rocks. Next, I'm not always adjusting straps and making sure all the bits and pieces that should be covered are covered. Finally, I don't feel self-conscious. I should since I look a bit, um, strange. But it turns out I don't give a crap about that (man, I love being in my 30's such that I care way more about not getting burned and being comfortable than I do about what others might think - of course, by the time I'm 40 I'll have to tone it back a bit so as not to embarrass Avery). In a bathing suit, it doesn't matter how good of shape I'm in, I feel totally self-conscious. I attribute this to being completely white. White fat is never as attractive as tanned fat. That's all there is too it.

4 comments:

  1. ah yes......40 years old and you, with lavender colored tennis shoes and a flowing white smock doing Tai Chi in front of the middle school ready to pick up Avery.....sound familiar?

    ReplyDelete
  2. So true about white fat, man. (You're hilarious!) Oh, and I love the sloth goals. I'm working on Darr. I keep reading about you guys being the only ones at the pool and that sounds 'bout perfect to me. See ya when you get back! Henry wants Miss Avery to know he missed her at The Little Gym yesterday. He just wasn't as chipper without her present. He rallied at the end of class, though, when they broke out the bubbles.

    ReplyDelete
  3. "I know, TMI, but urine is sterile so get over it." My favorite quote of the whole day, by far! I've been loving your Mexico updates... sounds absolutely glorious... even though I'm SURE you'd rather be at brunch on Sunday!! ;) I'll look forward to photos soon if you do enough nothing between now and then.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Dad - that is precisely why I put in the toning it back when I'm 40 comment. You've taught me many things. :)

    ReplyDelete