5 Minutes
That was the amount of time Avery cried when I shut the door tonight after reading her several books before bed time. And she only tried to open the door of her room once during that period. And I have high hopes that she actually fell asleep in her bed (as opposed to on the floor in front of her door as happened the other night). So, all in all, the transition to a crib-free sleeping arrangement is getting better fairly quickly. I hope she's back to easy napping very, very soon.
There was no nap in the room today since we were out and about and she ended up falling asleep in the car seat for over and hour.
Sushi & Shopping
We hit the Pearl District for some window shopping, followed but sushi at Sinju this morning. Despite the rain, it was actually a nice morning out. Avery was very well behaved and did quite good at the restaurant, too. She even ate more salmon. In fact, once she tastes the salmon, she just says, "more salmon," over and over.
Potty Training
This continues to a be successful transition for us. We had a small accident while out shopping today, but I think it was more my fault since she told me she needed to go earlier, but when I took her to the bathroom, she said she didn't need to go and I didn't force it. What I've learned is that whenever we're in a public bathroom, she always changes her mind and says she doesn't need to go, but if I just say let's try it and get her on the toilet, she'll go. I was quite impressed that when I noticed Avery was in the potty stance, she was able to stop going (it was a very small amount at that point) and hold it while I got her to the nearest bathroom.
We had the third or fourth morning in a row with a dry diaper this morning, so I have high hopes that tomorrow morning will be more of the same. Of course, I know that there are likely many accidents and bumps to come, but so far, so good, and for that I'm very grateful.
Visit Ending
Jeremy's visit here ends tomorrow. I'm annoyed that I didn't think to take him to the Japanese Garden. It occurred to me only today how much he would enjoy it. Ah well, it gives us something to look forward to for his next visit!
Definitely next time on the Japanese gardens! I had a ball nonetheless, thanks for everything! J
ReplyDelete