Pages

Saturday, January 23, 2010

The Pee Tree

Template
I just messed around with changing my template and even went so far as to do it.  However, I didn't like it and then didn't have the patience to fix the new template to be something I do like. Anyway, the result is the I had to do a few things over again.  If you see a blog missing from the "blog by people I know" section on the right, let me know and I'll re-add it.  It wasn't intentionally removed.
Beach
Avery has learned the fine art of squatting on the beach to pee.  She had to go while we were out yesterday, so we wandered over to a tree trunk that is downed on the beach (not sure where it came from since it's a lone tree and there are no trees on the beach).  So we were back at the beach today and she needs to go again.  We were a good 100 yards down the beach from the tree, but she just takes off running to the tree yelling, "I go poopy!*"  Funny how that is now her designated spot to pee on the beach.  These are the joys of having an entire beach to yourselves!  I'm not sure what I would do in a beach with, well, anyone else on it.

*She often says poopy when she means just pee.
Pool
This afternoon was another visit to the pool where Avery is now starting to use her arms when swimming.  It's still a dog paddle, but she's getting faster and is definitely confident in the water.  I brought some balls that float down and D basically plays fetch with her in the pool.  I got what I hope will be good video, but I don't have the patience to edit the video on the laptop we have down here. 
Thump
That's the sound of me falling off the weight loss wagon.  I plan to get right back on it when we get back, but staying on it down here is hard. I am a boredom eater.  And there is some element of boredom whilst down here. Meanwhile the trash talking emails about the fat loss contest keep cluttering up my inbox and I have to resist the urge to send a self-deprecating response back.

No comments:

Post a Comment