Pages

Tuesday, January 19, 2010

Run

Hot
I went for a run this morning.  I jogged further than before, but not by too much.  It was still too hot at 9 am, so I'm going to have to go before Zumba tomorrow.  We leave here at 7:45, so if I leave the house by 7:00, that should get in my 20 minutes jog.  I know 20 minutes isn't long, but I'm starting slowly!
Lunch Fail
We tried to go to Vista del Mar for lunch, a little place on the beach a bit south of here.  Unfortunately, they were closed.  We'll give it a whirl another day.  We did get some groceries in town, including ingredients for a cake. 
Potty
We've only had a single potty accident since we've been down here.  There were no issues on the plane or traveling, which was a welcome change.  When she was in diapers, we inevitably had a leak and had to change her mid-flight.  

I no longer have to ask her when/if she goes potty, at least not down here.  This afternoon, she went pee on the potty, which we keep in the living room because of the configuration of the house.  We can't just leave the doors open for her to get to the bathroom since then we have to leave several doors open to our indoor courtyard and then the temps are all over the place.  Anyway, she went pee, so I took the potty to dump it in the toilet.  While I was in there, I decided I needed to go, too.  As I'm sitting there, Avery trots herself right in, takes the potty, runs off.  By the time I got back to the living room, she'd put the potty back and sat down and continued with her #2 business.  I found it amusing that she took the potty all the way back to its spot in the living room vs doing her business in the bathroom. 
Sleep
Blissfully, this is back on track.  This morning, she didn't wake until 6:30, and then continued to sleep until about 7:15 once I joined her in her room.  Better than the sleeping nicely through the night is the no protest, near happiness, to go to sleep at night and for a nap. I think it probably has a lot to do with being exhausted from doggy paddling the length of the pool several times each day.  We'll see since we didn't go to the pool today.  The weather was ideal, but neither D nor I were up for it.
DVDs
So we finished Seasons 1 and 2 of Mad Men and didn't buy/bring Season 3.  We're on to Season 2 of Entourage, a show that doesn't really hold my interest. Mad Men is a much better show, and much better for the type of TV-series-via-DVD-marathon watching we typically do down here while Avery's asleep.  The really sucky thing is that we're going to be done with Entourage soon and then we'll be, gasp!, out of DVDs to watch!  We didn't bring enough this visit.  D just informed me our neighbors have some TV shows on DVD.  Hopefully they have some we haven't seen.

4 comments:

  1. I'm so glad things are going well all around (sleep, potty, jogging, Zumba) but when the hell are you coming home???

    ReplyDelete
  2. Jan 28th. :). Still have over a week here. Awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Jogging and Zumba in the same day! Ambitious!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love marathon sessions of TV-series-via-DVD viewing! This does not help you now but for next time you're welcome to borrow any that we have. Unfortunately the first season of Weeds is out to a friend but we have the other three (and I'll be ordering the fifth season soon). Also up for grabs: The Sopranos, Buffy the Vampire Slayer, Homicide, Battlestar Galactica, Dexter...

    Great job with the jogging!

    ReplyDelete