Pages

Friday, April 30, 2010

Friday

School
Avery went to school today since she didn't go her regular two days this week.  Unfortunately, Teacher Theresa is on vacation, so Avery wasn't too keen to stay.  It's much harder to leave her when she doesn't want to stay.  Of course, she always has a great time and is perfectly happy when I go to pick her up, regardless of whether TT is there, so I shouldn't worry.  But I do.  She was happy as a clam when I picked her up, so I guess all went well.  Of course, a day at school means a whiny evening at home.  Can't win 'em all.
Sick
D now has the stomach bug that's been going around.  I feel grateful to have escaped it and can only hope I continue to do so. I am exhausted today, but I'm guessing that's just my natural, whiny state of always being tired versus actually being sick. It did, though, occur to me that I might have just the exhaustion portion of the bug and not the upset stomach part. Is that possible? 
Haircut
I think I'm done with the hair battles with Avery.  She hates to have her hair combed.  It's just so darn cute when it's up in pig tails that I have a hard time cutting it.  For me, any sort of desire to have Avery be girly is so very rare, but I was clinging to this one.  However, I think it's time for a cut.  Maybe we'll do it this weekend.
Young College Graduates
I stumbled upon this slide show of the youngest college graduates.  Some were reading at 8-months-old and doing math problems at 18-months!  Also, I didn't know that Woody Allen and Mia Farrow's son, Ronan, was one of these types of kids.  He's the second slide.  And, side note, he's very good looking.  Who would have thought Woody Allen would produce offspring that looks like that?
Oprah
I stopped watching Oprah about the time Avery was born.  I appreciated the shows of substance where she brought attention to issues around the world and in the US. However, I got annoyed that I had to put up with four shows with her fawning over celebrities or other crap to get the good show.  I just now read a headline that indicates she interviewed Rielle Hunter, the mistress of John Edwards.  Seriously, Oprah?  Why is she giving this woman a national platform?  She had an affair with a man whose wife is dying of terminal cancer!  

1 comment:

  1. Ronan Farrow has amazing eyes and the most interesting lips. His brain is not bad either.

    ReplyDelete