Pages

Saturday, April 10, 2010

Sleepless

Sleep
It's 2am. I'm not tired, so I'm blogging from my phone. We'll see how it looks soon enough. I should be tired, but my body is confused from so much sleeping on thanks to Nain taking care of Avery in the mornings so I could sleep in. Avery had no adjustment issues related to sleep or napping this time. It's the first time this has been true when travelling since she was tiny.
Conversation
Avery has been saying, "Stop talking, Mommy," a lot the past few days. I think it's to redirect my attention to her. I responded by explaining I was having a conversation with Nain and that she should wait for a lull to interrupt. This has resulted in Avery saying she wants to "be in conversation.". Then she proceeds to discuss the most pressing matter on her mind, which is usually her hangnail or the last known location of her shoes.
Doctor
Mom found Avery her stethoscope (she had one with her lab jacket ... Not sure why she had either of those things). Avery spent the next hour or so saying, "I doctor Avery Smith" when she had the stethescope on, then saying, "I not doctor Avery Smith," when she took it off. Totally awesome.
Tantrums Minimal
On this trip, tantrums have been few and far between, and those that have happened are like a hundreth the usual intensity. Will be interesting to see if this is a new phase or if it's just being so occupied with seeing new people and new places.

Sent from my iPhone

1 comment:

  1. We should get Avery and Josie together to play doctor (real doctor, not the other kind of doctor) soon. Josie is ob-sessed with being a doctor and checking everyone out. She doesn't have a doctor kit right now (not until her birthday) so she uses the hand scanner on her cash register to "check" peoples' ears and mouths.

    ReplyDelete