Wonders never cease
I cooked dinner with no recipe yesterday. I know. I was shocked, too. We like this blue cheese encrusted filet mignon recipe. One day it occurred to me that I might like to have meatballs made with blue cheese, panko, and parsley. I tried it last night and it was delicious. I was most pleased with myself. We had green beans and potatoes (from my ridiculous trip to the farmers market) with it. When Avery was eating the green beans, she said, "Just like Teacher Theresa!" They often have green beans at lunch, so I guess she now associates those with Teacher Theresa.
Following my monumental dinner, I went to workout while D put Avery down for the night. When I came home, Avery wasn't asleep yet, so I went up to have a quick cuddle before bed. She was so cute: "You go to gym gym?" After confirming that I did indeed go to gym gym, she said, "You go change your shirt." I was a bit sweaty, I guess.
Teacher Theresa
Avery seems to really love being around Teacher Theresa. She talks about her often. She seems happier when I drop her off on the days when TT is there all day. Avery goes to school two days per week, but TT is only there ½ day on one of those days. As such, I'm going to ask if I can shift Avery's schedule so that she's there on days when TT is there full time on both days. It puts the days Avery is in school on a schedule less than ideal for me, but I figure it's more important that Avery is fully happy there.
"Training"
I have to put training in quotes since I'm never sure how serious I am about this stuff until I've been doing it a while. However, since we have signed up the half marathon in October (what was I thinking?), I figure I should at least attempt to train for it. D came up with a training schedule for himself. I'm adapting it to my personality and tendencies and we'll see where that lands me. I don't care about my time for the half marathon, but I do care about not injuring myself, so my main goal is to be in good enough shape to get through it in one piece.
I went to the gym immediately after dropping Avery off at school. I did both cardio and weights, then came home and walked the dogs. So my entire morning was spent being very active. I plan to go to the weight toning class tomorrow (unless I chicken out, which is always a possiblity when it's a workout class - I'm fine once I'm IN the class and I've done it once, but getting through the doors that first time kicks my ass).
Daddy / Daughter Camping Trip
D and Avery were invited on a first annual daddy / daughter camping trip! I am both excited and jealous. While not a camper, I know Avery will be so excited on this trip and I'll miss not being able to take part. However, what could be better than daddy/daughter camping? Not much, I'm sure. She's undoubtedly going to have tons of fun with Daddy and the other girls. We will need to purchase a tent, but I think it's well worth it for such an event.
So, ladies, I have a free free weekend! (Did anyone see Rules of Engagement this week? If you did, you'll get the "free free" reference.) Planning shall commence offline if anyone else can manage to free themselves of kiddos for the weekend (edited to add: which is at the end of June).
Certainly not as cool as daddy/daughter camping, but we're still definitely interested in family camping this summer if you guys are. Toddler in the woods... what could be better?!
ReplyDeleteAnd which weekend are you free? This one coming?
Yes, we're still definitely interested in summer camping! Well, Avery and I are. I am not sure where D stands on the issue when it's not a d / d thing. :)
ReplyDeleteNo, this trip isn't until the end of June. I wish it was this one coming!