Perplexing
I read Yahoo's Most Emailed everyday. It's been a habit for eight years or so. I've stuck with it even when they've changed the format from brilliant to annoying to more annoying. One portion of the page is now called "Most Recommended Photos." For the past two or three month, the photo of the eagle and of Jennifer Hudson have been on this panel. This is odd for a number of reasons: 1. Normally the news stories and photos on this page change daily, or at least weekly. 2. Why would these two photos be so highly recommended? The two photos to the right of these photos have changed periodically, but eagle and JH remain there. It is really starting to annoy me.
2 AM
I was awake until 2 or 2:30 last night, or rather this morning if I'm being all proper about it. I didn't feel like making dinner last night, so we went out to Pastini's for dinner. Of course, when out to dinner, I tend to order Diet Coke. I drank two full glasses. Sometimes I can do this and sleep with no problem whatsoever. Other times, like last night, it makes it such that I'm exhausted, but can't sleep. So I read my book. At least I had a book to read rather than simply tossing and turning.
Avery came into the room, quite silently, around 2 when I was still awake and reading. She came over and just stood by my bed. I asked if she wanted me to put the blanket on her, she said yes, walked back to her room, I put the blanket on, then left. Happily, she went right back to sleep. This is in stark contrast to the night before when she and I had a 1.5 hour battle after she requested to get into our bed and I refused. It went from her having a tantrum, me giving her a time out, her continuously asking for me to put the blanket on her, me relenting about 4 AM and saying she could get in bed with me, only to have her decide that's not what she wanted, etc. The battled ended with me yelling, at the top of my lungs, "Avery, either go to sleep in my bed or in your bed, but pick and bed and GO TO SLEEP!" She was in her room whining at that point. I'm not sure what she chose to do because I put the pillow over my head and went to sleep.
I have wondered the same about those photos and am tired of looking at them.
ReplyDelete