Pages

Saturday, June 12, 2010

Berries

Pickin' with the G's
Avery and I went strawberry picking this morning.  The G's had planned to go picking with Rachele's step cousin and her two kids, so Avery and I tagged along.  We didn't pick many berries since I don't plan to bake anything with them or make jam, so I gathered just enough for Avery to eat over the next few days, then took Nolan from Rachele so she could pick her berries more easily.  Then we set about exploring the farm a bit.  All in all, a fun time for all around.

On the way there, we saw a lot of the searchers looking for the missing boy.  That was sobering.  We also saw the National Guard helicopter flying very low over the river between Sauvie Island (where we were picking) and the mainland.  
Counting
I keep meaning to note that Avery is starting to grasp the one-to-one concept with counting.  Hmm, this is sounding familiar, so maybe I already noted it.  Ah well, once again!  When we were in Mexico, she counted twelve eggs.  Now she'll grab my finger and say, "Count with me!" then will move my finger from donut to donut in this particular book and correctly count the donuts (12). 

She still forgets the number 13, skips to 14 & 15, skips 17, then says 18,19,20.  At least the number seven mysteriously reappeared.  After at least 6-10 months of being able to count to ten, she suddenly started saying 1,2,3,4,5,6,11. Someone suggested she was probably getting ready to make a big leap in counting.  I think they were right in that she's started to fully grasp the one-to-one concept, but hasn't really added many additional numbers.  
Eddie
I'm taking him to the vet on Monday to see what can be done about his bowel control.  It also seems like he's pooping way more than usual and is hungry a lot.  I'm wondering if he's not absorbing the nutrients from his food as well as he ages?  We'll see.  

1 comment: