Strawberries & Mud
That was the theme of this morning's outing. It was more mud than strawberries, but Avery and I had a good time nonetheless. We met Christie & Henry for some picking this morning on Sauvie Island. The trek from the parking area to the strawberries was very muddy. Avery fell once, at which point I knew all hope of trying to remain clean was done and over with, so I told her to wipe her hands on my pants and we'd keep going. I'm glad we went, even with all the mess, because yesterday was a miserably long day. Avery was well behaved enough, but I just didn't want to be a SAHP yesterday. I wanted to lay around and be a total sloth.
Yummy
Tonight is, thank goodness, Yummy Group. There are six of us for our dinner at Genoa. Kerry is driving me again (it pays to have pregnant friends), so I plan to indulge in some wine and merriment.
Books
I finished my latest book, Island Beneath the Sea. I'm not sure what I'm going to read next. Perhaps I'll read the book for our newly formed book club: That Old Magic Cape. Or I might read another gulag book, or I might reread Grapes of Wrath.
Sleep
My sleep right now sucks. It's like I never quite get to sleep. In a tandem brutal hit, I am also unable to properly nap. I'm exhausted, but my mind just doesn't shut down. I just lay there. The end result is that I feel like a zombie much of the day. I'm hoping that this is a temporary blip caused by increasing the dose of my antidepressant.
No comments:
Post a Comment