Let there be light
I don't think I blogged about the lighting in our front yard. After we got started with the changes, at some point I emailed our designer and said I'd like some lights in the yard. I love when you see trees with spotlights on them. To me, it feels warm and cozy. He responded with something like "great idea, I'll make it happen." I figured we'd have a couple of lights put in; Phil apparently had bigger things in mind. The electrician is out there running cable right now. Phil showed me the layout of the lights. Basically, there are lights (subtle) edging the entire yard and the subsections of it. Then there are spot lights on the trees. I'm hopeful the lights will detract people's attention from the orange house. :)
Dance class
Avery has not stopped talking about going to dance class. We went once! She remembers everything about it and tells us how she's going to dance class today and she's going to get a sticker, but not a pink sticker because they don't have pink stickers at dance class, and how she's going to twirl and on and on. I decided that I'd pay the out-of-district fee for Tualatin Hills and sign up for a dance class there. However, when I went in today to pay the fee, I had them check and the classes are already all full. Since out-of-district people can't register until Friday, it wouldn't have made any difference when I'd asked. At least I didn't pay the fee for nothing.
And in the end, it all worked out. I was able to register Avery for the dance class we originally went to at Laurelhurst Dance Studio (through Portland Parks and Rec). I was really going to be in trouble if I didn't get her enrolled in a dance class soon. I also enrolled her in Tumble Bugs: Twirl, whirl & roll! Experience this introduction to gymnastics & tumbling, perfect for those able to attend on their own. Warm ups stretch your muscles, acrobatics work on balance, jumping & springing! Activities increase body awareness, balance, strength, flexibility & spatial awareness as you twist & turn. It's probably a lot like Little Gym without all the equipment, but that's ok because she loves Little Gym.
Skirt
Avery got to wear her skirt to school today! In fact, for the first time ever, she was calling to me from her bed this morning rather than getting up and coming into our room. She evidently didn't want to risk not getting the skirt for getting out of bed (even though we only enforce that rule for going to sleep vs if she joins us in the morning).
Christie is going to kill me for saying this... but when Josie goes to bed before 7, she calls to us from bed at 7 in the morning because she's not sure if it's AM or PM and if it's okay to get up yet. I'm so glad Avery got her skirt!
ReplyDelete