Popcorn
Shortly after Avery arrived, Mom sent me a few of the books I had as a child. It was one of the books I numbered, with my grandmother's help, when I was in second grade to better organize my personal library. The book is called Popcorn. It's the story of a bear who is left alone on Halloween night when his parents go out for the night. He decides to have a Halloween party, calls up his friends to invite them and tells them to wear a costume and bring something good to eat. His friends all show up with unpopped popcorn - every single one of them. At some point during the party, someone suggests they pop all the popcorn. They do and it's so much popcorn that it fills the whole house. They then have to eat all of it and clean up the house so the bear doesn't get in trouble. Then his parents come home, to a nice clean house with no knowledge of the incident, wake the bear and tell him they brought him a present: popcorn! I hope none of you were planning to read the book because I pretty much just told you the entire thing.
Anyway, I loved this book. Not just the story, but the cover. I had forgotten until I started reading this to Avery, but I have very vivid memories of studying the back of the book. Here it is:
I remember trying to find each pumpkin that was different from the rest of the pumpkins. I would wonder why some of them didn't have eyes that were colored in and why some didn't have a green stem. I didn't know if it was a mistake on the part of the publisher, or if it was intentional.
Now that I'm reading this to Avery, my obsession with it continues. Did they do it on purpose? Make some different? Why? If they didn't do it deliberately, how did the publisher miss such an obvious mistake? I am so tempted to buy it from Amazon to see if the newly published books have the same "flaws."
Small Spaces
Continuing my obsession with small, yet very functional, living spaces, check out this 500 sq. ft. studio in NYC. I think I am so obsessed with small spaces like this because it's small and cozy, yet very functional and very organized.
No comments:
Post a Comment