Pages

Thursday, September 16, 2010

Obsessive

Inconsistencies
I put in a new widget for recent comments when I switched the layout of my blog.  I got tired of the other widget not properly handing apostrophes and other punctuation.  So you can extrapolate from that statement that the random italicizing of comments is really bugging me.  Seriously, it's enough to make me learn how to code my own javascript to handle the comments. Damn it!
Nap Drop
While Avery dropping her nap is at a bad time considering my voice issues, I'm actually happily surprised at how well we're both handling it.  We do have Miss Cranky Pants in the house from about 4 pm on, but overall, it's going quite well.  Avery was asleep by 7:10 last night and slept through until 7 AM this morning.  She does come into our room at some point during the night, but it doesn't wake me so I don't care about that. 

I'm also very happy to report that the sleeping rewards are working fairly well.  It's not a 100% thing, but it's certainly way better than it was.  I have mixed feelings about rewarding her for something she should do on her own.  However, I have decided to look at it like potty training.  We rewarded a pee or poo with an M&M for a couple of weeks to reinforce the wonderfulness that is going on the potty, then dropped it and she didn't notice.  I'm not sure that the sleeping rewards will disappear as quickly or without notice, but I'm hoping for the best.  Also, it's nice that she is motivated by clothing since those are things she needs anyway.  Which is not to say that I wouldn't use toys if that worked.  I would totally do that.  I'm just happy, from a financial perspective, that clothing is working at the moment.  Ah, the phrase "at the moment" - a staple in any wise parent's vocabulary. 

1 comment:

  1. I figured out the italicizing problem! It's not a problem at all. It does that when the number of characters in a comment exceeds the allowable amount, indicating you should click on the post to see the full comment. I just increased the size the allowable comments to reduce the odds of this happening.

    ReplyDelete