Fairy Wings and Boots
Today was the annual picnic held by our adoption agency. Avery had a great time running around with the other kids and watching the clown make balloon animals. The clown made Avery fairy wings out of balloons which Avery has only just taken off. Avery was quite the little girl running around with a too-small baby doll dress, capris, pigtails, rain boots, and balloon fairy wings.
It was also nice to gather with other adoptive families, though I rarely stray outside the 3-4 families with whom we've already established relationships.
When I filled out my name tag, I wrote my name and put underneath it, "I have laryngitis." That said, I noticed a slight improvement in my voice at the picnic and now. Maybe I'm on the mend!
Flip Out
After I posted one of my many posts yesterday, I took all three dogs and Avery for a walk. Talk about frustrating. Not being able to talk to either Avery or the dogs; not being able to hold Avery's hand; not having a free hand to carry a poop bag. Today I made D come with us on the walk.
Date Night
Tonight was our first date night while the Gs are out of town, which is to say that Melanie babysat Avery. It's so convenient, though I definitely struggle with what the heck to say to her other than Avery instructions. Chit chat with teenagers is not my strong suit. I actually said, out of nervousness, that high school was "such a fun time." Huh? I don't think that! The crap I'll say when I'm feeling socially awkward.
We saw The American. It was very weird. It was like a mid-life crisis story of an assassin, but also tried to be a bit of a love story, and finally tried to be an action flick for the geriatric set. It wasn't horrible, but definitely not one of Clooney's better movies. Weird is the best word to describe it.
No comments:
Post a Comment