Pages

Wednesday, October 06, 2010

Birthday

Happy Birthday, Damian!
First, a big, huge happy birthday to Damian!  Avery was quite keen to open D's presents this morning; D was kind enough to let her open them.  We are now an iPad family!  I got D a few other things, too, but that was his main gift.  Tonight we'll celebrate by going to Tabla for dinner.

D's dad gave him a gift of dinner at Paley's Place.  That is a damn cool present.  We'll probably go there in November. 
Birthday Patterns
When Avery arrived, I immediately noticed that her birthday is exactly one week after my brother's and exactly one week before my birthday.  This year they all land on Sundays.

D's dad's birthday and my dad's birthday are on the same day in October (this Friday).

My mom's birthday is in late September.  Exactly a week later, today, is D's birthday.  The following week is my brother's wife's birthday. This year they all land on Wednesdays.

We have a few outliers in this pattern since I clearly have not mentioned all family members, but I am amazed by the patterns.  Perhaps all families have these sorts of patterns.  I don't know.  I just find it cool.
Voteeasy
The Oregon candidates are online now.  My best matches are Ron Wyden (D) for The Senate and Michael Meo (Pacific Green, Progressive) for The House.  I haven't heard of Meo before now.  While I wouldn't vote for him (see my stance on "Ralph Nader" voters from yesterday's post), this site did make me research him a bit more, so that is a good thing even if it doesn't result in my vote changing. 
Eye Doctor
We have a follow-up appointment at the eye doctor for Avery this morning.  I think we'll also need to get her a pair of prescription sunglasses for Mexico.  Neither of her current frames have sunglasses that be put on top (at least I don't think they do).  I think she'd lose any attachments anyway.  She's good at keeping her glasses on, but if there is a piece that comes off, she'll most definitely want to play with it.  Seems crazy to buy a preschooler (she seems too mature to call a toddler any more) prescription sunglasses, but I'm not sure how else to protect her eyes from the sun, particularly if she's in a refusing to wear a hat mode. 

4 comments:

  1. Please pass along our birthday wishes to Damian. On the birthday theme, my niece and Henry share the same birthday ten years apart. I don't really want to think about what that means. Doh. I just did. Dang it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy birthday to Damian, via you!

    See you tomorrow.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Happy Birthday Damian!

    I think it's brilliant to get Avery a pair of rx sunglasses. For whatever that's worth.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Anonymous1:04 PM

    Happy Birthday Damian from all of us in Colorado!!!!

    As far as your mom side of the family-
    We all have 4's in ours. Dad's April 4th-Mom's June 14th-Mine Sept 4th, and Griff's Oct 24th. As well as Griff and I are 4 years apart and we have 4 people in that part of our family.
    Carla
    Always kinda fun =-)

    ReplyDelete