Avery quotes (on boobs)
I'd been wearing a gray t-shirt all day yesterday. When it was time to head out for dinner, I thought I should at least make some sort of effort, so I changed just my shirt. I put on a mock turtle neck, but I changed nothing else. As we were walking down the stairs, Avery says to me, "Mom, your boobs are really growing and growing!" It made me laugh because that mock turtle neck does indeed make my boobs look bigger than the t-shirt I had on before.
Why didn't I think of that?
I'd made plans with friends several weeks ago to go get drinks and appetizers tonight. We all decided to drop the kids off with our respective husbands at their respective offices around 5 pm, then go for appetizers. Separately, I'd scheduled today as a school day for Avery because she'll be missing four school days while in Mexico and our November is so jam packed with activities that I couldn't find days free to use the extra four days. Anyway, D was questioning me about the plan for tonight. Long story short: I was planning to pick up Avery from school, take her to D's office, then go out. It never once occurred to me to simply have D pick Avery up from school until he suggested that with a look of, "Duh," on his face. Duh indeed. So much easier!
Today
Shortly I'll leave for the car dealer to get my car serviced. Following that I have a walk through for the exterior renovations. Then I need to get the house tidied up and cleaned.
As I mentioned earlier tonight, I'll be going out with friends. I am so looking forward to it. Yesterday, every little thing the dogs did annoyed me. When that happens, my annoyance then moves to Avery and Damian and any other living being near me. Hopefully a night out will reset my annoyance meter.
Not Natural
It has just now hit me that I didn't have Avery make D a birthday card. I didn't have her make Nain one either, nor GrandDag (D's dad - his name is Dag, so we call him GrandDag - I love that name!) nor PopPop nor well, anyone.
It did occur to me at one point to have her make one for D's birthday, but then it just slipped my mind. This stuff does not come naturally to me. Ah well, it just leaves me room for improvement next year.
Can't wait for tonight!
ReplyDelete