Pages

Monday, October 11, 2010

Busy

The Weekend Rundown
Friday
  • Little Gym
  • PieLab - I had the absolutely delicious berry pie
  • Pumpkin patch outing - we rode the train and climbed a haystack pyramid, though Avery didn't go much higher than the fourth level.  She's not overly fond of heights, I guess.
  • Playdate with Elise while I chatted with RHG
  • Date night for D & me - we saw Buried
Saturday
  • LoveLife5K - we signed up for the 1K an did about ¼ of that due to protests from Avery.  It was very wet, but thankfully not very cold. 
  • Lunch at Stepping Stone Cafe - I had The Dilemma: hashbrowns topped with fresh spinach and melted cheese - delicious is an understatement.  We've been before, but this was our best visit yet.  It was so much fun.  If lunch were always that fun, I'd never stop eating. Fun music, great vibe, awesome food, very cool all around. 
  • Pumpkin patch outing followed by pumpkin carving contest nearby.  The trip to the pumpkin patch itself was very quick since it was raining.  We just picked out some pumpkins and headed to the house of D's colleague for pumpkin carving.  There were two other little girls near Avery's age there, including Parker whom Avery has met several times before.  Avery had a great time trying on the hostesses high heeled shoes and petting her very, very, very patient cats.  
  • Home for Gs date night
Sunday
  • Woke up in the middle of the night in a fit of coughing that set my voice back a few weeks.  
  • Actually cried because I am so frustrated with my voice situation.  Told D had to stay silent for several days in an attempt to heal my voice.  He took Avery for most of the day.  I have talked very little in the past 24 hours and hope to continue that streak through tomorrow.  
Patching
We received Avery's eye patches, so we started the patching on Sunday.  Avery doesn't particularly want to put it on, but seems to do OK with it once it's on.  Originally I thought I'd just do it when we're at home, but I would have to convince Avery's to put the patch on in the morning and the evenings if I did this. So I sent her to school with the patch on.  Thankfully, she's too young to feel weird about the patch.  The patches are pretty cute with the designs.

1 comment:

  1. Anonymous4:12 PM

    I'm tired just reading all this :-) VM

    ReplyDelete