2011 & classes
I can't believe next year is 2011. It feels so space age to type that. In order to register Avery for swimming classes, I have switched her school schedule such that she'll go on Tuesdays and Thursdays starting in January. Swimming lessons will commence at the start of January and take place on Mondays and Wednesdays.
I also tried to register Avery for the pre-ballet class, but it wouldn't let me. Even though it's a class listed for the 3 to 6-year-old set, apparently the minimum age for that class is 4. Bummer. I can register her for some other dance classes with the same teacher and location where she is now, but that means I have no days without a commitment scheduled. I've learned that it's really hard to schedule things when everyday has an activity of some sort, even if that activity is only 45-minutes.
Avery's BD party
I sent out the Evite for Avery's BD party. Yes, I did an Evite rather than paper invitations. When she's older, if she wants to pick out paper invitations, that's fine with me, but for the meantime, I'm going electronic.
Date nights
The G's canceled their date night tonight. I'll confess I immediately tried to get the neighbor girl to babysit Avery tonight so we could have two date nights this weekend. Alas, she has dance tonight, so we'll have to wait to see 127 Hours until tomorrow night - hopefully. We're actually having dinner at Paley's Place tomorrow, a gift for D's birthday from his dad, so hopefully we'll have time to catch the movie afterward. We wouldn't want to waste a movie going opportunity!
Asthma
I took Avery to a pediatric pulmonologist today. I thought for sure he was going to laugh us out of the room since I didn't think there was any way she could have asthma. He suspects she probably does have mild asthma. There's nothing to do about it given she doesn't have trouble breathing, doesn't seem bothered with her coughing, and it doesn't impede her life at all. The medical community used to think you'd prevent scarring in the lungs if you did daily treatments even with such a minor case, but the doctor said they've never proven anything. As such, I opted for no treatment at this time.
Can you send me details about the dance class? Josie's been asking about Miss Erika. And where will she be swimming? I should have emailed you all this, since it's probably not something you want to put on your blog... but oh well, here we are.
ReplyDelete