SBR: D's office
After spending thousands on mold remediation, then more on getting the wall and subfloor fixed in D's office, the guy measuring for carpet just noticed that the door is leaking ... which is what the fucking contractor was supposed to FIX! I'm so angry right now. Nothing makes me angrier than shoddy work. I was so patient with the guy doing the work. I didn't get all bent out of shape that it took 1.5 months to do about 10 hours worth of work. Now I just want to scream. The only thing saving my sanity right now is that I still haven't paid a cent for this work. If I'm remembering right, I was supposed to give the subcontractor doing the work a check for half the amount at the start of the project. He never asked for it and I forgot about it for quite some time. I figured I'd eventually receive an invoice in the mail, but I'm certainly not going to chase them down to give them money. I might have done this earlier in my life, but not now. If you run a business and can't even be bothered to ensure you've received payment, you deserve to not be paid. And you certainly don't deserve to be paid when the door is letting water through after just a few weeks of being done. Update on Thursday: they're coming to take a look and fix the issue this afternoon.All good things must come to an end
Along a similar line, now that we made the last payment for the work done for exterior, that company hasn't followed through on the final items on the punch list they were supposed to do on Monday. And they haven't responded to my email inquiry about it. I'm giving them the benefit of the doubt since this is the first time they've been so unresponsive since the work shifted to their part of the company.
The angelic period ended with a thud this morning when Avery threw a fit because we didn't have dance class today. We had art class. She just couldn't understand why I wouldn't take her to dance class, as if I have the power to make classes happen any old time of the day or week.
Now she's whining up a storm, but this is mostly my fault because when I get angry about things like the unfixed leaking door, I tend to try to escape the situation by sitting at my computer and, oh, say, blog about it.
Added Thursday the 18th: and the trend of difficulty continued later in the day. Sigh. Oh well, hopefully we'll have more and more periods of angelic behavior and fewer of the difficult ones.
No comments:
Post a Comment