Catch up
I can't believe I haven't posted since Tuesday. It's due purely to busyness (I verified that is indeed a word) rather than a slide into holiday blues or something like that.
A quick rundown of recent events:
- Wednesday: Avery & I met Amber & Josie and Christie & Henry at their Messy Art: Dinosaur Delight class. This was one of the first times I've seen Avery actually remain involved in a craft for more than a few minutes. I know she must like to do crafts since she comes home with a lot of crafts and drawings from school, but around me, she has close to zero interest in crafts. She likes glitter. I think that was key. Following class, we all went out to eat at Red Robin. Christie gave Avery her BD gifts, though I only allowed Avery to open one since D has strong objections to gifts being opened on any day other than the actual holiday. It was the book from my first project with Christie: an Urban Babies Wear Black photoshoot. Anyway, that was awesome. Also awesome was that Christie gave me a Christmas gift: a Christmas stocking for Avery knitted in the same fashion as the stockings D and I have with our names. I'll post a picture at some point. It's awesome!
- Thursday: D and I toured a potential preschool for Avery in the morning, so I sent Avery to school for the day. I'd been to this school before for a 1-hour session introducing Montessori concepts to interested parents. In January of this year, I put us on the wait list to potentially enroll Avery there for preschool in September. During the tour, I found I liked the school just as much as I did the first time around; D was sold on the school, too. We have submitted a wait list contract. If Avery gets in (based purely on age, gender, and length of time on wait list), then we'll pay a deposit and she'll start in September. I am very much hoping she'll get in, however, I do realize it won't be the end of the world if she doesn't. After the tour, I got new tires on my car and did some shopping while I was waiting. In the afternoon, I wrapped all of Avery's presents and tidied up the house. She has some more presents coming in the mail, but I'm done shopping for her.
- Friday: Avery and I headed to Little Gym in the morning. I was so hungry after class that I couldn't think about anything else until I got some food, so we hit Arby's nearby. Avery has never taken to any fast food except for fries. I usually just get her apple slices to tide her over until we can locate food she likes. This time, I bought her a jr. roastbeef sandwich ($1). She loved it. Good to know for the occasional quick, easy meal on the go. In the evening, D and I had date night (we saw Red).
- Saturday: We have a visit with Avery's Aunt Aly. It was the first time we've met her. It went well. She brought Garrett with her, so Avery and he got to play together. It is rather striking to me how well they play together and how there is close to no ramp up time in getting reacquainted with each other. They still look a lot a like and still have many of the same mannerisms. Garrett, who is not yet 4, is reading already. I don't find that too surprising since when we last saw him in May, D said he read almost all of a sign posted on the playground. He can also tell you the specific make and model of almost all cars. We found out that Nikki, Avery's bmom, is double jointed. I've started to wonder if Avery is double jointed given some of the things she does with her body look so very wrong to me. Anyway, Saturday night the G kids came over for a sleepover. It was a very easy evening, with all three kids going to sleep without protest. Everyone was asleep by 8 pm. D had a flight out at 7 am this morning, so he was gone by the time the kids woke up at 7:15. Rachele and Jay picked E & N up this morning about 10. Avery and I have been piddling around the house since then.
Punches
I am not a scrapbooker, but I absolutely love all the supplies one would use to be a scrapbooker. Right now, I'm obsessed with buying punches (like these). I have an airplane, a bow, a stocking, a snowflake, a tree, and a large circle. I have no idea what I'll do with these other than make gift tags, but I still love them. I want to punch everything with them.
Maybe you should become a scrapbooker. I could help you do one of Avery's first (nearly) three years!
ReplyDelete