Oh, hi there!
Oh, yeah. I have a blog. Things over the holidays were busy and I just felt like I couldn't start a post or I'd sit in my office and waste away the days. Anyway, for a brief update of what we did over the holidays, see my mom's post about it. There are even pictures in another of her posts.
2011
I have many goals for 2011, but I wouldn't call any of them resolutions. That said, I have set some specific goals for myself regarding tidiness, dog walking, computer time, and general productivity around the house. I have to think through a few more things, but I'm sure I'll be unable to resist blogging the minutia of it all as time goes on. For now - given I'm trying to limit my time at the computer - I shall leave it at that.
A FB status update by a friend noted she had the feeling 2011 is going to be a great year. For whatever reason, I've had the same feeling in the past few days. I have never before thought that at the beginning of the year. Here's to believing in feelings!
Productivity
Over the past 2 days, I've done the following:
- Cleaned the whole house (except for one guest room)
- Done at least 12 loads of laundry
- Created my own woman cave (aka the craft room) in the basement
- Moved all craft-related supplies into the craft room
- Kept the rooms which were tidied at the beginning of my tidying frenzy tidy whilst tidying the other rooms - clear?
- Walked Turtle up the trail; walked Eddie on a shorter walk (that was yesterday - I plan to do the same today)
- Cleaned Avery's room and closet completely
- Found a place for all Christmas presents
I needed a nap on both days, but I don't feel nearly as guilty taking a nap in the midst of productivity as I do when I do it in the midst of sloth.
Eddie
Through a lucky coincidence, I had to buy a different brand of dog food for the dogs. We immediately noticed that there were far fewer turds laying around the house for picking up. Over the past few weeks, there have been maybe four accidents to pick up. Considering I'd been cleaning up to four per DAY before that, I'll take four over the course of a few weeks!
Eddie is hanging in here. He wants to play with Turtle and bounds around the house at times. He goes through a whole day refusing his pain medication, but will then ask for it the next day. Though it's painful to watch him walk because he's so very wobbly, I don't think he's actually in much pain. I thought for sure he'd be gone by now, but we got to have one last Christmas with him.
I got a reminder of the old days on New Year's Eve. Fireworks were going off and Eddie's a big ol' fraidy cat when it comes to loud noises like that. For whatever reason, he always comes to me, not D, when he needs "protection." He's always done this. One time, back in Denver, D and I took him to the vet together. The vet was giving him a shot or something like that. Eddie leaped into my lap for protection and glared at D and the vet. Anyway, back to the present, New Year's Eve Eddie comes to me for comfort. He ambled his big body onto the chair with me and snuggled on in. It was like the old days.
I've never been good with aging animals. It embarrasses me to admit it, but I don't do well when they start to smell more and shed more and poop inappropriate places. I don't have the nurturing thing in me for older animals. However, I'm going to do my best to remember the days before all the annoying older-traits so I can be more kind and loving with Eddie during his last months. Though, at this rate, he might just be here next Christmas.
Long enough
OK, this post feels long enough. I should pull myself away from the computer. See, I sat down and now several hours have just oozed away from me. Yesterday in the same amount of time, I created a whole woman cave for myself. Damn technology - why must I love you so?!
I have much to update people on, not the least of which is my new love of embossing. And my new sewing machine! Oh dear people, I fear 2011 might be the Year of the Craft at Casa de TiVo. This is scary because, you see, I don't actually LIKE crafty things. I just, it seems, enjoy DOING those things. Get ready to receive a lot of junk in the mail, people! You're welcome.
No comments:
Post a Comment