A2D6
Just like A1 (attempt 1) of the elimination diet, I got sick on day 3. I'm still fighting a cold and cough this morning, but I'm hoping that at least the energy zapping part is in the past. We'll see.
As far as enjoying the food and controlling the cravings go, the diet couldn't be going better. As far as energy, I'll have to wait until this cold clears up to assess if it's helping. As of now, it seems that the diet isn't making much difference with my energy. That part is frustrating. Really, really frustrating. I keep telling myself I can't expect to see immediate results. But I hoped that the energy I experienced on day 2 would be the norm, not the exception. Right now, it's the exception. I'm really hoping that it's the cold that is taking it out of me. Again, we'll see.
Sewing Class
My apron is not yet done despite the fact that class is done. I missed class last week and that put a kink in my progress. Right after my post on the 31st, I began feeling ill. I took a nap figuring that might help. It didn't. I woke up and vomited. I assumed that was all there was, so I proceeded to take Avery to RHG's for sitting with plans to proceed to sewing class. By the time I made it to RHG's house, I felt very, very unwell. Half hour later and I'm projectile vomiting, just like Elise downstairs. I recovered from that bug quickly. Unfortunately, I then caught Avery's cold bug a few days later.
I plan to finish the apron when I have time and energy in the next few days. It's frustrating to have so little energy right now, yet want to do so many things. I'm frustrated, but doing my best to remain positive.
More
There really is more going on in my life than just the elimination diet, however, I'm so focused on it that it's fairly consuming right now. I don't want to have to do it again. It's not the food deprivation that is difficult, it's the perfection of it. Not even eating trace amounts of soy, wheat, dairy, egg, nightshades, etc is difficult to pull off. I have made a few errors, but they're so small that I can't see starting myself again at day one. I don't think I'd ever make it through all 21 days if I did that.
No comments:
Post a Comment