Pages

Friday, February 04, 2011

Two

Elimination Diet
It's attempt two, day two.  Things are going much better this go around.  I'm more positive in general, and I'm actually enjoying the food I'm making.  Oddly, I think Andrea is helping me more in ways that I didn't anticipate than in ways I did anticipate.  The first call with her was good.  She didn't, as I'd expected, give me a complete menu.  What she did was identify how often I should be eating each category of food, and list the options in that category.  For example, given what I'm trying to fix is my energy level, she said I need to be eating green leafy vegetables everyday.  Then she has a list of all those vegetables.  Then she identified the specific ones that would be most ideal for me.  She did this with grains, meats, sea vegetables, etc.  So basically, I then decide what grain or protein I want to build my meal around, then I look for a recipe that suits me on her website.  Anyone can look for recipes on her site.

I also read her book right before our first call.  I don't know that I subscribe to everything she is espousing, however, a lot of it resonated with me in a way that most of these types of books or diets don't.  Plus, since I read the book, I noticed that it said if I mention I read the book, I get a $150 bonus.  Turns out that's just for people signing up for 3-month or 6-month coaching, but she has thrown in an additional 30 minute call.

So, I took a pictures yesterday of my breakfast and my dinner.  I forgot to take a picture of lunch, but it was very similar to breakfast.  

Brown rice & veggie mixture, ½ banana, 2 oz chicken, cucumber, strawberries

Salmon, quinoa with cilantro pesto, hijiki salad
Of the pictures, I'm sure the hijiki salad looks the strangest and the least appetizing.  It didn't even smell that appetizing.  However, it was really good!  I was very pleased with that.  Avery agreed to take a bite, but chose to spit it out. Based on her face, I think she actually liked it but was determined to spit it out anyway. 

Breakfast this morning was breakfast porridge.  Her recipe calls for leftover brown rice, rolled oats, cinnamon, raisins, water, toasted nuts (almonds, walnuts, whatever) and a splash of milk (organic whole, almond milk, or a bit of yogurt).  I can't do dairy right now, so I had to skip the milk all together (almond milk has soy lecithin, so I can't use that, either).  I also grated an apple to add a bit more sweetness.  I forgot the nuts.  Damn, it was good!  And easy enough in the morning that I can easily do it most days as long as I have left over brown rice.  I think the goal is to vary breakfasts, but I tend to eat the same thing everyday for breakfast.  I think I find comfort in the routine.

2 comments:

  1. Those look tasty! (Excepting that crazy @$$ salad, of course. I think I'd spit it out, too.) Did you already link to her site? I'd love to take a look at her recipes.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I just edited the post to put in a link, but here it is again: http://www.andreabeaman.com/health/

    ReplyDelete