California ➙ Oregon ➙ School
That was Avery's route this morning. A 6:40 AM flight from CA to OR. RHG picked us up at the airport, dropped Avery at school, then dropped me at home. Brilliant stroke of genius on my part not to cancel school for her today.
I'm not too tired right now, but I also don't feel like doing much of anything. I know I would be short tempered with Avery were she to have come home with me.
Trip details ➙ Later
The trip was great. As is typical, I don't feel like detailing them right now. A good time was had by all. Five days of major theme park visits was probably a bit much stimulation for a 3yo - not to mention this 35yo - but we managed well and had a lot of fun.
Pictures can be seen over at Casa de Trio. Oh, and here's a picture that Avery took of me and Dad. She's a good photographer.
Picture by Avery.
Put a bird on it ➙ ⿃ (that is a bird in a random East Asian script)
About the only thing I do feel like detailing right now is my new love of the phrase "put a bird on it." From Portlandia, as I'm sure all PDXers know. I haven't found Portlandia to be nearly as funny as it could be, given the gold mine of comedy here in PDX. And I didn't even find the "put a bird on it" skit to be that funny. However, in my head, it's become the motto for all things Portland.
Case in point: when we pulled out of the parking garage in our rental car in LA, one driver honked at another for no good reason. I find that honking is quite rare (relative to other parts of the country) here in Portland. In fact, the other day, D and I and several other cars sat through an entire cycle of a light while someone tried to get their car in gear. Not one car honked. I say that PDX is one of the few places where that is the norm.
Anyway, back to the rental car parking garage. As this person was honking, D stopped and let someone through. We made a joke about bringing PDX to LA, then I said, "Put a bird on it!" And now I say that everytime I do something Portland-like.
I'm quite sure that no one else finds this nearly as funny as I do, because, trust me, I find it really funny. So the next time you let someone in while in traffic, yell, "Put a bird on it!" and think of me ... or of Portlandia since they technically came up with it.
No comments:
Post a Comment