Pages

Sunday, March 20, 2011

Basketball

Date night
We went to the basketball game last night.  My enthusiasm was greatest before the game when the atmosphere is amped up a bit, then it took a nose dive when they started playing, then peaked again at half time when there was a flyball competition between two teams of dogs, and finally hit a low when I continued to read my Kindle right into the third quarter.  We finally just decided it was ridiculous to be there when neither of us really wanted to be.

We went to Toro Bravo for dinner.  I had never been there.  We pulled up to the restaurant at 5 pm and there was a line of people out the door.  We did get seated quickly because I think they opened at 5, however, that line never got shorter.  The food was very good, but I can't say it's the type of place I'd having a craving to go back to. 
Weekend
D has had motorcycle training both days this weekend, so Avery and I have been on our own.  It's amazing how much slower weekend days go than weekdays. I think that's just because I'm used to doing weekdays solo, but not weekends. 

I asked D if he thought he was still going to get a motorcycle.  See, when we went to try on helmets and just sit on a bike, he was a bit stiff and it didn't feel so great.  So I thought there was a chance he would decide against getting a bike.  However, after riding all day yesterday, he said it all came back to him and he's back to wanting one quite badly.  
Walk
Avery and I are about to head out for walk with Turtle Girlie.  We also need to check in on the neighbor's cat since they're on vacation. 
Subscribe by email
I put a gadget over there on the right-side bar where you can enter your email address to get a post emailed to you each time I write a post.  I have tested it out and it works well.  There is a way to stop receiving the emails if you change your mind and no longer want to be emailed.  I thought some of you non-Google-Reader users might prefer that to checking the blog directly. 

No comments:

Post a Comment