Pages

Wednesday, April 27, 2011

Avery!


Re-entry going well so far ...

... but it's only 10:50 am, so the day could still go horribly wrong. Not that I'm anticipating this. :)

After five days on East Coast time, D and I both woke up early (for us) this morning. Avery went to sleep at the very reasonable time of 8 PM last night, slept in her own bed until 6 am, then slept in our bed until about 7.  She is running a serious sleep deficit, so I'm very grateful for her good sleep last night. I feel reasonably well rested considering how utterly exhausted I was on Monday.

I have much to blog about, as well as some pictures and video to share, but I can't sort through pictures and videos when Avery is with me, so that will have to wait until she's at school and I get a moment.

I'm so happy to be back in Portland.  While I think DC is a beautiful city, and I always love the excitement and adrenaline of visiting large cities, I'm not an East Coast girl.  I'm a PNW girl (who just happened to be born in Colorado, but was always meant to live in Portland). I haven't heard a single car horn since we landed, and yes, I did drive downtown yesterday.

It's now 4:15 pm and the day has been OK.  I haven't been feeling well lately (what's new?) and started feeling really poorly at New Seasons while Avery and I were eating lunch.  I felt so bad that I didn't have it in me to do the grocery shopping, so I just left and came home to nap.  Avery took that time as an opportunity to make a huge mess in the upstairs, but at least I feel better having napped.  

Birthers
Can they all just shut up now?  My eyes cannot roll far enough back in my head to express my feelings on birthers, Trump, and this issue.  I'm surprised they haven't started questioning whether he was born at all. 

Portrait
Here is my favorite picture that my uncle, Herb, took of Avery.  To me, it just screams "Avery!" Note: I scanned it from a paper version, then reduced the size of scanned image.

No comments:

Post a Comment