Company Party
Today we hosted a party for D's office. The original picnic was reschedule and moved to our house after the original date landed on a cold, rainy day. Let's face it, who wants to spend a weekend day in the drizzly rain with coworkers. I don't know what others thought, but I thought we had a pretty good time today. Any time you have a party that degenerates to playing beer pong in the garage with loud music blaring and little kids playing with bicycle pumps and dancing to inappropriate music gets a thumbs up in my book. Plus, I nailed D with not one, but two water balloons. Awesome.
As a bonus, Avery was dog tired after a day of running around with the other kids, so she fell asleep immediately after reading books. Awesome.
Ignorant
Somewhere in the last 1.5 years, I stopped following all political news because it just made me so mad. That's been a blessing. Then I just kind of stopped following all news, I guess because avoiding political news diverts attention from other news, too. To be honest, it's been blissful. However, it also means I'm not up on much of anything. Everything comes as a bit of a surprise to me. I understand there's a bit of a debt crisis going on (kidding, even that story penetrates my self-imposed ignorance). Anyway, I have heard about a drought in East Africa, but I haven't thought much of it beyond the headlines. The Big Picture of The Boston Globe did a post on the crisis. If those pictures don't make you click over the WFP and donate $100 ... I find the pull to donate to such causes so much stronger now that I'm a mother. I cannot imagine what it is like to watch your child suffer that way. Suffering yourself is one thing. Watching your child suffer must be the absolutely worst feeling in the world.
No comments:
Post a Comment