Pages

Tuesday, July 05, 2011

Routine


Return to Routine

I'm working my way back towards a routine.  Between all the travel, everything with the dogs, Avery switching schools, and life in general, I have been kind of spinning my wheels.

My first step is to get the house back to a state of clean and organized.  I'm making progress.  I'm managing to keep the areas already decluttered and cleaned in that state each day.  I'm also working on cleaning all the areas that tended to get dirty due to the dogs.

I'm also trying to get back to working out (gasp!)  I went to the gym immediately after dropping Avery off at summer camp/school.  Granted I only did 20 minutes on the elliptical at a leisurely pace, but I was still pleased with myself for going.

Tomorrow my goals are gym and grocery store.  We've been eating out more than usual lately.  I like the ease of it, but there's something to be said for the ease of eating at home, too.  Tonight was sushi, so at least it was healthy.

Crafty
Since there was nothing on TV tonight, and I'm in between books, I decided to spend the evening making cards.  Now that all of my supplies are easily accessible and my kitchen is cleaned of all clutter, it makes the whole process easier.  I am planning to make thank you cards for several of my FB-make-something-for-others-in-2011 commitment.  I thought I'd just make a bunch, but the thing is I can never decide if I like a card enough to make it again.  So I ended up with three very different designs.


Avery's new school

Avery went to her first day at her new school, which is in summer camp mode for the next two months.  She was happy as could be to go there.  She didn't even want to hug or kiss me goodbye because she was too busy playing.  We'll see how tomorrow's drop off goes.

When she saw Elise walk up to the school, she gave her a big hug and said, "Oh! I missed you Elise!" You know, because she hadn't seen her since Sunday night. Adorable. 

Doing the drop off at school was an adjustment for me.  Avery's previous school is very well organized.  It cares for children from birth to 5 and is open from 7am - 6 pm with a policy that you can drop-off and pick-up at any time during the day.  Any facility with those parameters has got to be organized.  I had an exact routine to follow when dropping off.  At the new school, things are much more casual.  This isn't a problem for me, but it was a bit jarring at first.  Rachele picked the girls up from school today and took them to her house for playtime before their afternoon gymnastics class.  This meant I had the whole day off.

No comments:

Post a Comment