Minor Updates
It seems I've fallen to a weekly blogging schedule. Let's see, what's happened?
- Mom left yesterday.
- Avery started school on Tuesday and is loving it.
- I'm getting started on projects around the house after my hiatus while Mom was visiting. Right now I'm working on getting all the data from my old computer transferred to my new one. I've been patiently waiting to get this done until Avery started school.
- We're dog sitting Princess Beans. I'm not quite comfortable with super small dogs. They just seem like they're going to break. I also tend to think they won't obey the same way a big dog will. Like when I call her, I think, "Well, she's not going to come. She's a small dog." Fortunately, she's not annoying at all. She is jumpy when you first meet her or when people first come in, but it takes her no time to settle down and she's not a yippee or jumpy dog at all. That's nice. She's also not a barker. So, I think this will be an easy little dog sitting stint.
Realization
I have a little theory going about myself: that I like to make "rules" for myself just so I can get a thrill out of breaking them. For example, my attempt to start working out after I dropped Avery off at summer camp in July and August. I did it for the first few days, then I just started to skip it. The first time I skipped, I had a thrilling morning for myself. I think I just sat around that morning and watched TV or did something else useless. I do remember how thrilled I was.
I seem to do this a lot, that is, set a goal for myself only to quit early and be thrilled about it. It's like my own little drug.
No crash ... could I be - dare I say it? - just happy?
It seems pertinent to blog that I've not (yet?) crashed. I'm doing just dandy. I'm still as fidgety as ever, and I had to wear my night guard to prevent clenching for about a week, but no crash. So maybe this is a state to stay with me for a while. That would be so nice because I'm very, very happy with things right now. I have also had a few off days, but they're very much in the scope of normal off days that we all have. Not an off day that leads to another and then another and then just becomes the norm.
Avery's new school
Avery, so far, seems to love her new school. There is considerably more chaos in dropping off and picking up than there was for summer camp, but we're getting the swing of things. I'm dropping all three kids off everyday and picking up 4 days/week. RHG picks up on the 5th day.
No comments:
Post a Comment