It's been great having Jen here. She leaves today, but since her flight isn't until the afternoon, we still have some time to enjoy the day. We'll be heading to the farmers market to pick up some fruits and veggies and then will probably wander around town after that.
Yesterday was perfect. We hit the beach about 10 am. Avery played happily in the sand while D and I read, and Jen sunbathed. We then did lunch at the pool bar. After lunch, Avery wanted to swim in the pool, so we moved our stuff to the hotel pool. Avery was able to play in the shallow part by herself for hours while D and I read. It was awesome. She didn't ask us to play with her. She didn't even once challenge our rules of where she could be within the pool. She didn't whine. She was happy as a clam. And she didn't burn one bit being out in the sun for so long. I did keep reapplying spray-on sunblock to her, but if my skin had been out in the direct sun for that long, I'd be burned badly no matter how much sunblock I put on. She does have quite the little tan as evidenced by her Coppertone baby bottom. It freaks me out (in a good way) that I have a daughter who tans well.
I'm slowly getting used to my haircut and color. I love the cut in terms of how it feels. Not having to be constantly pushing my hair back out of my face or putting it up in the back is awesome. It's still a bit jarring to see myself in the mirror.
All righty. Still only 5:07 am. Heartburn is a bit better after drinking milk. I guess I'll read my book.
No comments:
Post a Comment